UniStar Nuclear Energy (UNE) submitted a partial Combined License Application to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in July 2007, and submitted the remainder of the application in March 2008.
Artist rendering - outlined in yellow - of proposed Calvert Cliffs Unit 3
- December 2008: Loan Guarantee Application submitted to U.S. Department. of Energy
- June 2009: Received the Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) from the State of Maryland
- May 2011: NRC issued the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS)
- January 2012: Maryland Board of Public Works (BPW) issued tidal wetlands license
- March 2012: Maryland Department of Environment (MDE) concurrently issued the approved non-tidal wetlands permit and the Federal Consistency Certification and Approval